Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Kindergarten! Pass the kleenex, please






I wonder what you're doing right now,



And if everyone is treating you kind.



I hope there is a special person


A nice friend that you can find.




I wonder if the teacher knows


Just how special you are to me.


And if the brightness of your heart






Is something she can see.


I wonder if you are thinking about me.


And if you need a hug.





I already miss the sound of your voice


And how you give my leg a tug.



I wonder if you could possibly understand


How hard it is for me to let you grow.


On this day know that my heart breaks,


For this is the first step in letting my baby


go.




~ this was sent home with us from meet the teacher night and I have to say its a combination of all my feelings.





Without being completely melodramatic, I will say my heart breaks with a small amount of saddness and more excitement because I know how fun Max is going to have this year. It's just hard knowing I wont be that person having fun with him on a daily basis.




Tonight we celebrated as a family with a pizza party and a movie, Hunchback of Notre Dame...lol. Yes, that was Max's choice. As we were watching the movie, Max and Maisy snuggled close together and we talked some about school tomorrow. Casey asked Maisy if she was going to miss having Max around to play with and her sweet response was, "yes".




Lately, Maisy has been into folding her hands and praying. She calls them "thank you, prayers". Right after Maisy responded with "yes" she was going to miss Max, she folded her hands, squinted her eyes and said, "thank you for....thank you forrrrr....thank you forrrr... my brother Max." Already a mother with emotions dripping from her eyes about the fact her first baby is off to Kindergarten, I wept.




There is something tender and sweet about children. I know its hard to remember this when they are screaming, not listening, beating each other or you, throwing foreign objects at you in the car, stuffing toilet paper down the sink drain, playing in your favorite eye shaddow, hiding your shoes, digging in your purse for gum and loosing pieces of your "life" before your eyes... but beyond all this noise and chaos, I truly don't take these moments for granted. God's simple and gentle reminders of what this life is all about....the imperfections become perfection.





I admit I can loose my paitence, say words I cannot undo, stumble in being a "perfect" person, but I also can say its moments like sending your child to Kindergarten you are reminded of the kind of job you have done with them. I am proud of Max and how he is turning out with the hot mess of a mother he has...he's not bad:)




SO excited for tomorrow and already looking forward to picking him up:) ha! Wish me luck and pass the kleenex's please...sniff.sniff.













No comments:

Post a Comment